I can’t believe I forget to tell you this stuff, but after another sighting on Saturday night, I decided it was time to wow you with my growing list of celebrity spotting.
1. Maggie Tabberer in the local fish shop. Maggie swanned in to tell me and the guy working there (the only two peeps in the shop) how great her fish was from the night before. I was looking resplendent in sweaty yoga gear while Maggie was a vision in white linen with an orange leather handbag. She’s still got it.
2. Kerry O’Brien in the Qantas business lounge at Sydney airport. The thinking woman’s crumpet! We love Kerry. We were on our way to Perth for Roy’s wedding. Muz did a fly by Kerry’s table when he left to get something, to note that he was reading The Australian and some book on Wall Street.
3. Sophie Monk. This was actually when we were house hunting in December. She looked painfully thin.
4. Maggie T again – this time in the bakery at Woollahra. It was cold this time, so she was wearing a black wool long coat (draped over her shoulders) and a black wool hat. Tres chic. I think I need to hang out on this street more often and make friends with her.
5. Muz has seen Paul Keating up at the shops – he lives on Queen Street.
6. And on Saturday night – Matt Moran. Not at Aria where you might expect him, but at Bodega. We all decided that if we were visiting Aria on a Saturday night we’d expect Matt to be in the kitchen. Not having tapas. I know everyone deserves a life, but still… Aria ain’t cheap.
I’m sure there’s one other – oh Michael Chaney, although not really a celeb, I still get excited. And Miranda Otto on the plane too. Will let you know as soon as we find any others wandering the streets wanting to be recognised…I’m yet to top seeing Ricky Gervais and Rufus Wainwright in the one trip to NY. Not that I did anything except feel exceedingly shy.
*NB They may or may not be actual celebrities.